Welcome to my 1st “official” Ten Thing Tuesday! My first one was more of an introduction and now we really need to get things moving along.
As everyone is well aware, the New England Patriots will not be making a trip to the Super Bowl this year ;( but let’s not dwell on it and focus on the positives! Two other teams are going to battle it out and I get to sit and watch, happily bake/eat and not worry about having heart failure. Better luck next year!
If you haven’t already guessed, today’s Ten Thing Tuesday is about the Super Bowl! It’s less than a week away and it sure to be a crazy time, New Orleans, during Mardi Gras?! Insane!! Take a look at my “things” below!
1. The Turkey Club Sandwich Ring is one of my favorite Pampered Chef dishes! This is the one we had last during last year’s Super Bowl. It feeds a TON of people and the combination is spot on for the game.
2. These are unbelievable! I’m not a big Snickers girl but Homemade Snickers are on a whole different level. I think I made numerous batches following my trial run for the game last year. Also, Jessica’s are a little bit prettier than my 1st batch below!
3. If only fruit looked this delectable in February!
4. Fact: The winning team receives permanent possession of the Vince Lombardi Trophy, a sterling silver trophy created by Tiffany & Company and presented annually to the winner of the Super Bowl. (source) Seriously?! Any chance of making me a sterling silver trophy? Pretty please, Tiffany&Co?
6. Quick, easy, and just plain simple! Pepperoni Cheesestick Roll Ups are one of my many favorites from Christy’s great recipes. Everyone at every age will love these!
7. Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers were actually a recent new item on the menu in my house! Occasionally, we have homemade shaved steak subs on the weekends but this spin on the classic got two thumbs up from me. This is perfect for the game if you are looking for something a little less heavy on the carbs and with more veggies!
8. Fact: To date, 3,581,385 have attended Super Bowl games. The largest crowd was 103,985 at the 14th Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. (source)
9. When I think of “football food,” these are one of the first snacks that come to mind. I made these Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes for New Year’s Eve but somehow they went without being pictured. It may/may not have had something to do with their appearance.